RSGB AGM 2018 Calling Notice
AGM 2018 Calling Notice
Notice is hereby given that the 91st Annual General Meeting of the Radio Society of Great Britain will be held on Saturday, 21 April 2018 at the Jurys Inn Hotel, 245 Broad Street, Birmingham commencing at 12 noon for the transaction of the undermentioned business.
• Resolution 1: To receive and, if approved, confirm the Minutes of the 90th Annual General Meeting (3-page/141KB PDF) held on 22 April 2017 at the Angel Hotel, Cardiff and circulated to Members in the April 2018 RadCom (page 7)
• To receive and consider the accounts for the period 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017 and the reports of the Board and the Auditor that appear in the April 2018 edition of RadCom (see page 70, April 2018 RadCom)
• Resolution 2: To appoint Auditors Sayer Vincent and to authorise the Board to fix their remuneration
• Resolution 3: To elect Philip Willis, M0PHI as a Nominated Director of the RSGB to serve until the 2020 AGM (Personal statement on page 8, April 2018 RadCom). (See explanatory note)
• Resolution 4: To elect two from Mark Jones G0MGX, James Preece M0JFP, Michael Senior G4EFO, and Simone Joanne Wilson M0BOX as Directors of the RSGB to serve on the Board. (You can read the personal statements online or on page 22 of April 2018 RadCom)
• Special Resolution 5: To amend the Articles of Association to effect the Board’s proposals to rename the Regional Managers/Regional Council Members as Regional Representatives (but retaining the arrangements for their election as at present), to transform the existing Regional Council and Leadership Team into a new body called the Volunteer Leadership Team. (See explanatory note)
• Special Resolution 6: To amend the Articles of Association by the insertion at Article 33 of the following, “If the office of President is vacant, or the elected President is indisposed and unable to fulfil the role of President, the Board shall have the power to co-opt a person it considers suitable for such a period as appears to the Board to be appropriate provided that the period shall end not later than the date of the next AGM” (See explanatory note).
By order of the Board. Stephen Purser, GW4SHF, Company Secretary.
Radio Society of Great Britain
Company number 216431
3 Abbey Court
Priory Business Park
The Society has been asked to clarify issues relating to the AGM which is to be held on 21 April 2018 in Birmingham:
• Resolutions 5 and 6 are considered to be ‘Special Resolutions’ in that they both need 75% of the votes for them to be carried. This was not made clear in the original Calling Notice
• As a member of the Company you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at a general meeting of the Company. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in the Calling Notice or as outlined in http://rsgb.org/main/about-us/agm/how-to-cast-your-vote/
• A President may become indisposed (under Resolution 6) under the existing articles of association (Article 38). A link to this article can be found at http://thersgb.org/aboutus/articles/articles-of-association.pdf
To aid members identifying the changes the updated Calling Notice is shown above and full changes to the Articles can be found at http://thersgb.org/publications/agms/2018/180309-amended-articles.pdf